Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good bye to the Old Man


Well, it is with some sadness that I write that the Old Man, or the Broody Rooster, has past this weekend. For a 9 year old guy, he had nine lives and a good one. He recently became quite frail and lost body mass – and we think he succumbed to cold (despite the heat lamp). He had a good life, and a long one – but his crow is certainly missed in the morning already.

This old man taught me a lot about life – about survival, the will to live, simplicity, transformation, beauty, family and quality of life. He wasn’t a rooster, but some sort of other spirit in the body of a beautiful blue silky. For whatever reason I was blessed to have him in my life, I am grateful. And I look forward to seeing and hearing the old sage someday again – along with all the other various critters that have graced my presence over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment