Monday, January 3, 2011

Art classes and workshops

For those who have added "being more creative" to their New Years resolutions, you may want to take advantage of some of the upcoming classes, workshops and drop ins at the Broody Rooster Gallery. A full list of the offerings can be downloaded here.

When developing the schedule, I tried to think of what I really need as an emerging artist. I am self taught, a journey that always leaves a sense of doubt about one's art. Having my work on a wall somewhere where people, other than my friends and family, could comment - was an important part of my growth. Meeting other artists to watch them paint, talk informally about techniques and expose myself to new ideas would also have been very helpful. And, being in a space that inspired creativity would have helped me too.

I thought of these things in the 2011 calendar - so you will see classes where students have the opportunity to display their art publicly. You will see drop in classes every second Thursday where people can come for free (with an appy and beverage) to create in whatever visual medium they would like. Folks can paint, draw, observe, chat, connect or just be inspired. Starts January 13th at 7 pm at the Broody Rooster, come and check it out.

Classes and workshops are taught by me and other artists. If you have a creative talent that you want to add to the list, send me some ideas and we will keep adding to the calendar as the season progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment