Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New creations at the January workshop

I think one of the things I love the most about my art life, is teaching others to create through acrylics. Inevitably people comment about how they cannot even draw stick people, thereby implying that they shouldn't even dare to try and paint. I respond to this commentary that painting is not about lines, its about layers. Rethinking our default position on art and creativity is the start of all things magical.

I was lucky in January to have a workshop with some newbies and a few of my faithful workshop participants. Together we spent the weekend creating all sorts of master pieces in the cottage (see photos).





If you are wanting to join in some fun - the March workshop is completely full, but there are some summer workshops taking place in our new barn - or if you want to connect, I may put on a workshop in April or May if I had enough interest. Just send me a note or gather a few friends together and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Now I see Mickie's clothes line!!! Nice stuff! I just took Nicole's July summer workshop for 3 dyas and loved every moment ... hope to return next year

    ReplyDelete