Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hospital painting






I spent a couple of weeks in October in Alberta with my family as my mom was in for surgery. As I knew I would spend a bit of time in the hospital, I decided to bring along my paints for something to keep me occupied. Being creative is also a way to keep my mind off things and I needed more paintings for the Gallery opening.

Here are a few of the paintings that I was able to get done while back...

  • Worker bee is my older gelding Magnum - you may remember seeing this image of him on an earlier blog entry when he was learning to work under harness
  • Tripod is an image of a foal with legs a bit too long for snacking...
  • And Backscratchers is a photo I started at the Horsin Around event in the spring, but finally got time to finish.
I did two more paintings that I didn't take photos of - one for my niece Caitlin riding in the field (see earlier blog entry as well), and one of a friends horse Portia for my neice Jordan's Birthday.

I still struggle to take good photos of the paintings - they just don't seem to come out quite right... but these are here nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment